Tuesday 29 November 2011

Nouns, Adjectives, Verbs - with a twist!

I have had a reallllllllyyy hard time getting my kiddos to add some adjectives and verbs to their writing, so today I went back to the basics and we discussed all 3. After doing some actions and repetition of nouns, adjectives, and verbs, I used the worksheets below and played some clips for the kids off of youtube. INCREDIBLE NOUNS - a 3 minute clip from the movie The Incredibles. The kids had to write down any nouns that they could see while watching the movie clip. Just to be sure to help those students who were overwhelmed with this idea, we did a web on the board after the clip, where they could copy down the nouns from. Same idea for adjectives and verbs - MONSTROUS ADJECTIVES - we watched a small clip from Monsters Inc. KUNG-FU VERBS - a scene from Kung-Fu Panda. We were calling out and writing down the words as we saw them on the movie clips. The kids were so creative with the words they found, and they loved this lesson! Then, we carried on to do some practice on worksheets from www.superteacherworksheets.com



Tomorrow we are having our school's monthly Story Writing morning, so I will be back with some fun story-writing prompts I have - and hopefully the good news that my students' writing included some verbs & adjectives!

I have had trouble downloading my original, but this picture should give you an  visual idea of how to create this super-simple worksheet - until I get my google docs worked out! (sorry!)
:) CK

No comments:

Post a Comment